While I’d love to live in workout gear, or jeans and a cute T, I have to head into the grown-up world, specifically an office, and look somewhat presentable. But let’s be real, with three kids and a zillion things to do, I need quick and easy.
I usually work out in the morning and then get ready at the company gym, so here are my go-to items to transform my sweaty self to professional, sassy working girl:
- Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub – I use this in the morning and night to wipe the sleep or daytime grime off my face. The scent also wakes me up, and who doesn’t love a little pink bottle in the shower?
- Gillette Venus Razors – Must shave legs, must shave legs. Especially now that it is shorts and skirt season!
- Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer – You’ve probably seen the commercials by now – girl sprays, rubs and slides into her clothes in less than 60 seconds. I like the Cocoa Radiant scent. It reminds me of the beach, and keeps my legs and arms silky smooth.
- Anthelios Suncare – I need to get better about using sunscreen EVERY DAY, but I am pretty good about applying when I know I’ll be outside. This brand has a spray and cream that melts into your screen. I have fair skin and lots of freckles, and sadly I’m starting to notice sunspots. I hope my sunscreen applications stop the aging clock.
- Dove Deoderant in Pomegranate – I’ve always used Dove deodorant. This scent is fun – or at least as fun as deodorant can be, right?
- Maybelline Great Lash – Brings my tired eyes up a notch. Hey, you gotta fake it ‘til you make it.
- bareMinerals Foundation – I switched from creamy foundations to a powder foundation about a year ago and I love this brand. It feels light on my skin and you can totally control the coverage. It’s also pretty affordable, so I find myself spending less on makeup.
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (Break Away) – As a bareMinerals fan, I figured why not try their lip color. Love this shade, so it’s now my everyday color.
- Tweezers – For those annoying eyebrow offshoots and … dare I say it … chin hairs. Seriously?
- Hair Ties – Love these new elastic bands that also look like bracelets. I know I shouldn’t pull my hair into a school-girl ponytail at work, but sometimes I just need to rock the bun. These are cool because they don’t leave those nasty crease marks on your hair. There are so many fun colors, and I know there are tutorials on how to make them too.
So those are my must-have 10 beauty products. Of course I left off hair brush, blow dryer – the very basics. And I didn’t include my splurges like nail polish – Essie Emerald is the color of the season.
What are your go-to beauty items? Any products you can’t live without?