- Smells of trees and ocean
- Breathing in fresh air
- Sunshine on my face
- Sleeping until my body is actually ready to wake
- Making a breakfast that doesn’t require a microwave
- Lounging outside with a good book
- An afternoon floating in the pool
- Time to just think, be still and zone out
- Cuddles on the couch
- Moments to chat with friends
- Opportunities to journal and photograph and write
- Stories with happy endings
- Words that inspire
My days are jam-packed lately, leaving me little time to simply breathe. Yes, I exercise. Yes, I eat relatively healthy foods. And yes, I even try to get to bed at a decent hour. But sometimes I wonder – daydream even – what life would be like if we listened to our bodies more and escaped the mad, technology-fueled, 9-to-5 world?
What if we could indulge? What if our days included more of the things we crave?
I wonder if I’d be more productive, more creative, more alive.
I think yes.
So, I strive for little wins. An early morning yoga class. A walk around the block with my dog. Twenty minutes skimming a book before bed.
Perhaps in the future, those little wins will fill larger parts of my day, but for now, I’ll take what I can get.
What do you crave in this crazy, fast-paced world? How often can you indulge in those cravings?