Admit it – you are starting to feel the holiday pressure. The countdown clock is staring you in the face, the endless commercials remind you of another to-do item, and the kids are coming home daily with party invites or art projects from school. I love this time of year, but it gets crazy on top of the zillion other things I am already managing as a working mom.
I have my own tips for staying sane, but I recently captured some other great ideas from fellow moms.
- Check them out. You never know if you’ll pick up a new gem. J
- Shop for gift cards now – they never go on sale. And catch a cheesy Hallmark channel Christmas movie. — Katy from Experienced Bad Mom
- Keep gifts to a minimum, and ask fellow family members to do the same. — Alexa from No Holding Back
- Take it one day at a time and create lists. Lists always help. — Sarah
- Focus on giving meaningful gifts to the people that you really want to give gifts to, and shy away from the need to give “just a little something” to everyone else. — Becky
- Online shop with businesses that offer free gift wrap and shipping – especially helpful if you have friends and family spread out across the country. — Amber
- Wine. Drink it. Give it. Enjoy! — Caryn
- Don’t try to do too much. Get as much done as early as possible. Try to convince my husband to do the rest. — Victoria
Do you have other tips to add? Share, and as always, remember to take care of yourself too.