It’s Sunday, which means the weekend is coming to a close and the work week awaits. Maybe this excites you, or perhaps you are yearning for just a little more time. As much as I love certain aspects of my career, the work-week is generally crazy. I have a long commute, wake VERY early and my kids are busy with after-school activities Monday through Friday. Thus, it is not abnormal for the Sunday blues to creep in and leave me wanting another day of relaxation.
Sadly, I have not been able to add a third day to the weekend, but I have built a list of things to do to make Monday a little brighter. Pick a few to cure your case of the Mundays.
1. Treat yourself to a beverage favorite – coffee, tea, boba.
2. Drink your tea or coffee in a “happy” mug.
3. Lay out a bottle of wine for the evening, waiting for your arrival after the first day of the work-week.
4. Eat chocolate.
5. Light a candle in your work space.
6. Rub some scented, uplifting oils onto your wrists, neck and forehead.
7. Wear heels, or any cute shoes you adore.
8. Go for a walk or run to get some Vitamin D and a dose of nature.
9. Take a sunrise yoga class, or do a few sun salutations when you wake.
10. Doodle with colored pens or pencils.
11. Flip through a favorite magazine on your lunch break.
12. Read a few pages from a book you love.
13. Carve out some moments to scroll through your favorite blogs.
14. Buy lunch.
15. Bring a yummy lunch from home – perhaps leftovers from a great Sunday evening dinner.
16. Crank up some killer tunes on Pandora, Spotify or your iTunes playlist as you commute or get settled into your office.
17. Call or email your BFF.
18. Take a whiff or suntan lotion to remind you of holiday.
19. Throw on a statement necklace.
21. Schedule a date night.
22. Eat a cookie.
23. Bring fresh flowers into the office.
24. Take your a.m. shower and enjoy luxe body wash and shampoo.
25. Have lunch with an office bud.
26. Wake early.
27. Sleep a little late.
28. Do a random act of kindness.
29. Dance as you get ready in the morning.
30. Save a favorite weekly show to watch on Monday night.
31. Wear color. Steer clear of black.
32. Drive to work in your fuzzy slippers.
33. Pop on some headphones in the office to get in the zone.
34. Pin a few vacation spots to your “Places to Visit” board.
35. Select a Monday theme song to get pumped.
36. Hit the gym for a work-out date with a friend.
37. Make a crockpot meal the night before, so dinner is ready when you get home.
38. Hugs and kisses before you leave for the day.
39. Watch an inspiring TED Talk to motivate you for the week.
40. Pretend it’s Friday.
We could all use a little TLC on Mondays, so treat yourself in a small way to start the week off bright.
How do you ease into the work-week routine?
Share a tip or idea!