I am a full-time working mom with a wonderful husband, three kids and an overly-energetic puppy living in sunny Southern California. As a journalism major and someone who has always enjoyed writing, I figured I might as well throw one more project on my to-do list and start a blog … thus the beginning of breadwinningmama. In our household, my husband and I truly function as a two-man team. He’s a teacher, so his hours allow him to do a lot of the kid-shuttling. I work in the corporate world, so my paycheck tends to do the heavylifting when it comes to paying the bills. Are there days we’d prefer to switch roles? Most definitely. But generally, our style works for us.
My posts largely reflect my journey as a working mom, and the demands, joys and chaos of juggling a fast-paced corporate career and the messy, but wonderful milestones of motherhood.
A few other interesting facts about me:
- I love sports, athletes and competition – which makes me kind of intense on the field and playing a simple board game!
- I wish I could be one of those moms who makes handmade everything, but let’s face it … I don’t have time. I do, however, have etsy. 🙂
- I’m a compulsive planner.
- I love to read. I also like reality TV.
- I don’t drink coffee, but I do drink Coke.
- I wonder how moms survived before the days of online shopping.
- I can’t resist a good “dance party” with my kids.
- I usually only manage to get about four pedicures a year … kind of gross, but again, I lack time with a career and three kids.
- I never thought I’d have three kids … but they were all planned, and I can’t imagine my life without them.
- I also can’t believe they all came from me and my husband – could three kids be anymore different?!
I hope you enjoy my tales. I’d love to hear yours as well!
Are you interested in guest posting, or connecting about a product review? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org